Sunday, January 13, 2008

Confusion about "Maybe"

So I woke up this morning and Jill saw that I was on my blog. She said to me, "I didn't get your last post. (If you haven't read it, read that one first) That last paragraph was confusing." I laughed a little and said "really?" I thought I was being clever by coming up with this awesome metaphor. You all know, I love speaking my thoughts in story form. I started it off with the story about the song. Then it lead into our fight while linking the emotions to the first paragraph. The final paragraph was a response to the fight while using the song story to relay my thoughts and feelings. I thought it was a smart post until my wife read it and said "I didn't get your last post." Does anybody see the irony? So it comes down to this, I feel my wife is saying, "if you want to say something to me, just say it." Here's what I should have told her the first time without the metaphor/story and sincerity in my heart...I'm sorry, and I'll try to do better. (I think I might like that one better. Maybe.)

1 comment:

Lewis Cash said...

Your honesty inspires me and your willingness to admit mistakes encourages me. I love you bro