Thursday, January 17, 2008

I thought you were my friend

Websters Dictionary defines friend as
1 a: one attached to another by affection or esteem 2 a: one that is not hostile b: one that is of the same nation, party, or group3: one that favors or promotes (as a charity)4: a favored companion
Websters Dictionary defines enemy as
1: one that is antagonistic to another; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent2: something harmful or deadly 3 a: a military adversary b: a hostile unit or force

Yesterday was one of the most disappointing days of my life. I feel like I have made efforts to build strong, healthy, and meaningful relationships. I have so many friends I can be honest with. It's one of the greatest joys of my life. But yesterday was hard because I found out that somebody I love dearly has completely stabbed me in the back. It's not even something he wishes to take back. What's worst of all, he did it right in front of my face. I asked my friend Nole to vote on my poll, in reference to my "Help Me Decide" posting. This is something very important to me because there are serious consequences. Because he's such a close friend, I assumed he would side with me. Well you know what assuming does. Before I can blink an eye he has voted to give Jill back her minutes. I was so hurt, I called him out on it. Do you know what he said to me..."Don't be a bitch." Nole, I thought you were a "favored companion" but really you are one that is "antagonistic seeking to injure and overthrow." You know what, I didn't get stabbed in the back, I got stabbed in the heart.

1 comment:

Lewis Cash said...

I don't know what to say, other than this: my vote was in favor of the massage in hopes that you might get a litte extra action. So it was actually a vote for love. But, now, well, whatever...