Thursday, January 10, 2008

Interview #3 Drea

So some of you may be surprised that Drea is my third interview. I've always got to keep you guessing. Drea is a person that I have known for years. Being in a close group of friends, we hang out together, she watches our kids, I work with her every week, our group has gone on multiple trips together, but I don't really know her. So these are the questions and answers I may have missed out on in the last 5 years.

If you could ask God one question and get an audible response,what would it be?
There would be a thousand questions about the world and the Bible, but since it’s my interview I can be selfish and a selfish question… What are the things you love about me?

What makes you laugh?
I laugh every time I hear my niece, Maggie laugh. It gets me every time. I could sit for hours with her and make her laugh and smile. It is also my favorite sound in the whole wide world. It is the purest sound I know.

Describe what you think your future husband will be like.
I have actually been asking myself this question a lot the past few days. A man who follows after the heart of God. A man who won’t settle for status quo. I want a man full of spontaneity. I want a man who will tell me this, “grab your bag, we’ll buy whatever you need when we get there.” Finally, sense of humor is big for me. We are on this journey together and if we can’t laugh, then we’re just traveling together, listening to Michael Bolton and that won’t fly with me!

If he's reading this right now, what are two things you want to say to him?
Where in the heck have you been?!?I’m really sorry about my brothers.

What does falling in love look like?
I’d be a liar if I say if I knew. The best I can do is describe it in one of my favorite songs…
I won't let my forever roam
and now I hope I can find my forever a home
so give me your forever
please your forever
not a day less will do from you

What is one thing you want people to forget about you?
Please forget the fact that I might not have talked to you. It’s not that I’m rude or snobbish; it’s just that I’m at a loss for words or simply I’m just too shy. It’s a fact about myself I hate and am trying to change. If I didn’t say hello to you, I did notice you and that new haircut, and that new purse you are carrying(which is fabulous by the way!)

What do you day dream about?
I dream about quiting my job, traveling the world and shopping. How materialistic is that?!? I hope that my day dreams turn into something more prosperous like healing the sick, seeing the lost saved, or having my car paid off.

What keeps you awake at night?
Fear. Fear that I won’t ever become what God has intended for me life. Fear that I have missed out because of my insecurities or lack of faith.

What is the best gift you have ever given?
When Kati was pregnant with Maggie, I searched for the perfect gift to give to Kati so she could have something to wear during her last few weeks of pregnancy. As most pregnant woman know, your last few weeks, you don’t feel beautiful or stylish, well I wanted my sister to feel all those things, so I bought her the perfect gift…leather maternity pants. REAL leather maternity pants. The best part about this gift, they have now been passed down to other pregnant friends. So the leather maternity pants will continue their glorious destiny of making pregnant woman feel stylish. (As long as someone doesn’t tell them that 1986 called and they want their leather pants back!)

Why did you pick video production as a major?
I had this vision of directing movies in Hollywood and winning Oscars and thanking all the little people as I walked across the stage in my fabulous dress, but reality set in. I wanted to create a way to show God through a different medium. I felt I had this creativity in me that was laying dormant.

If you could change one thing in your personality, what would it be?
I find myself to be a wee bit introverted. I see the likes of you, and the other great conversationalists who put themselves out there all for the sake of the perfect joke or the idyllic story. When I would plan the perfect joke or idyllic story, I get lost in the translation in my head. I won’t be able to get it all out the way I have it planned in my head. So I play the shy card and hope that it gets me farther in life.

What was the biggest sibling fight you got in during high school?
I never really fought with my sisters in high school, but when I was in 4th or 5th grade I was standing by the refrigerator and my younger sister, Camilla, was complaining to me about something. She wouldn’t get out of the way of the fridge,so in a moment of fleeting anger I punched her in the stomach. Mind you, this was the first moment of true violence I had toward my sister. It wasn’t premeditated but it felt amazing to punch someone. To this day, she brings up this story, how I “knocked the wind” out of her and something to the effect of her “not being able to breathe.” For me it was sweet release of years of younger sister angst.

What is the one word/phrase that makes you smile?
I’m Ron Bergundy??

3 comments:

Lewis Cash said...

The answer to the first question is the most amazing thing. Wow. Great read.

Ashley Owlita said...

Hi Drea....I'm Ron- nice to meet you digitally.

My wife and I danced our frist dance to "forever"....great song.

mark- keep up the interviews...good shtuff

Samuel Isaac Richard said...

I agree, Nole. I read it twice because I didn't believe it. Poweful stuff.