Thursday, January 24, 2008

Things I learned last night

So last night I got to run sound for the onePlace venue. It doesn't happen very often. But Josh was out of town so I got brought up from the minors. It was a pretty uneventful night, but here are some of the things I learned last night.
1. Teenagers that play 2000 dollar guitars and have custom amps make me sick. I just want to walk on stage, look him in the face, and break one of his strings.
2. Brittany Shedd is a good dancer.
3. The Christian band was the most demanding and the hardest to work with. (which drives me nuts...I've ran sound for hardcore and metal shows and they never complain about anything.)
4. Kelly Clarkson is not good filler music while the bands are tearing down and loading in. But Noise Ratchet is.
5. I miss being in a band.
6. Running sound, running lights and eating a cheesy bean and rice burrito is not as hard as it sounds.
7. Thoughtful text messages make the world a better place. Everybody should send one after reading this.
8. I'm so proud to be apart of the downtown scene.
9. Miah and Shells are my breath of fresh air. Thanks for the company.
10.Voting has closed and I disagree with the verdict. An overwhelming 47 % of the vote said that I owe Jill a back massage. I might not like it, but justice has prevailed.

No comments: